Our kids get so confused when talking about the places we live, or will live. That's right, we found out yesterday that we will be living in Ohio for the next 5-6 years for Jon's Orthopedic Residency. We are excited, but I must say I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. So many changes coming our way. We are trying to sell a our house here so we can start looking there. Which is going ok. We had two showings this last weekend. So things are starting to pick up a little. I think it has to do with the weather. Our new little baby is due to arrive in April, Jon will graduate in May and then we will be moving in June, and Jon starts residency in July! I have never been very good at adjusting to change, and so many things to adjust to at once just scares me. I just hope the kids handle it all ok.
I am so proud of Jon and all his accomplishments. Orthopedics is so competitive, and he got into one of the most competitive DO programs there is. He never ceases to amaze me with his drive to accomplish his goals. This was one of the many reasons I married him.
No matter how scared I am about the future changes, I am excited to move on to the next step. It will probably be the hardest 5-6 years we have had yet. Residency will bring challenges that we haven't had to deal with yet, but I think we are prepared. A couple things I have learned the last four years during medical school is that time goes so fast, and 5 years is going to fly by. The other thing is to find the joy in the journey. I can't always focus just on the end results, because then I miss out on so many amazing things that happen along the way.
7 comments:
That's so exciting but I'm going to miss you hen you leave! You are very right- time goes by so fast. I can't believe we have been here for 2 years already. We should hang out soon!!
You guys do have alot going on, I hope it all goes well but it is exciting for the next step in your lives.
So exciting! Congratulations to Jon!
I don't know how many people thought we lived in Ohio when we lived there. We always had a good laugh about it when people asked us how life is in Ohio. I guess that is why it is confusing for the kids. Congrats, now that it is official. Good luck with all of those changes. I hope the kids can adjust easily to it all.
Congrats! You do have a lot going on but you can do it! Good luck with everything!
Hey guys! That's awesome! We were there for a year, so if you have any questions of where to look, just let us know. Good luck! Change is always good!!! Embrace it!=)
that's so great that you guys know where you are going to be for the next few years! Sounds like it may be tough but I'm sure you will do great, especially with those beautiful kids of yours to entertain you:) good luck. I'm so excited to see pics of your new little baby coming soon!
Post a Comment