Thursday, November 20, 2008

No more ultrasounds!

I went to the doctor yesterday for my 35 week checkup. It was a pretty quick visit (at least the doctor visit part, not counting the half an hour I waited to see the doctor). I have officially gained 30 pounds this pregnancy. Yikes! That is still not as bad as last time. I just hope I can lose it all! Things were looking good, and they also said I don't have to have anymore ultrasounds. Which in my case is good news since I have had 5 or 6? I have actually lost count. They were worried about the baby's kidney's, but he is doing great now, and we can finally relax. We are really anxious and excited, and can't wait to meet this little guy! I think Brynlee is beginning to realize that something big is coming, because she has been extra needy, and whiny the last couple weeks. But she is still such a good little girl most of the time. I really am lucky. Since I will be 36 weeks along, we will not be traveling anywhere for Thanksgiving this year. Jon's school puts on a Thanksgiving dinner for all the students that aren't traveling and don't have family. They usually do a really good job at planning these kind of functions, so we thought we would give it a try this year. You can't beat a free meal, that you don't have to cook! Jon has been extremely busy the last month or so. At one point he told me he had something like 11 tests in 20 days. Needless to say, we haven't seen much of him lately! We are excited he gets a couple days off for Thanksgiving and even more excited for the 2 weeks he gets off for Christmas. Brynlee wanted to go play outside yesterday, and it was pretty cold. She just got over being sick, so I bundled her up and out she went. She had a blast. I thought she looked so cute! I had Young Women in Excellence to go to yesterday, and Brynlee had to go with me because Jon was in his night class. It was Sunday dress and she had never worn this outfit before. I couldn't believe how big she looked in it. My baby girl is all grown up!

1 comment:

gibandshi said...

Ash- I am glad things are going good! You are so close, hang in there!