Noah's birthday was very fun for a lot of reason. We got to spend it with family in Idaho and had two parties that day, but we also had a little scare. Noah's cake had peanut butter frosting on it. He had never had peanut butter before, but at the same time, I didn't really think much about it. I let him smash his cake, and play in it, I guess because that is what you do on babies first birthday's right?? He loved the cake, and was shoving it in by fistfuls! About 5 minutes into the fun, he started to get a little fussy and wanted out of his chair. Then he started itching his neck and face, and then.....little red bumps started appearing all over his head, neck, face, and arms. Basically anywhere the peanut butter touched. I immediately got him some Benadryl. Thank goodness I had some. Turns out he is probably allergic to peanut butter. We were lucky and I know it could of been a lot worse. We have an appointment with the allergist to confirm, but meanwhile, we will be carrying an EpiPen wherever we go! Good news is the Pediatrician said that a lot of the time, they will grow out of it.He also had his 1 year checkup. This was one of the 'bad' ones. He got 5 shots, and they also had to draw blood to test him for lead. It was so sad. He cried so hard! Here are his stats!
Head Size: 18 3/4 " 77 %
Weight: 22# 2 oz 32 %
Length: 30" 44 %
3 comments:
LOVE that cheesy grin and scrunched up face! That's really scary about the peanut butter. I hope he outgrows it.
That's a bummer about peanut butter, that is such a staple in our house! It good to have you back in town, we sure missed you!
Sorry to hear about the peanut butter, my husband is allergic and no, no fun, you have to be so careful. Hope all is well.
Post a Comment