Tuesday, February 2, 2010

More needles, an Ambulance, and Firetucks


Today we went to the allergy specialist for more testing regarding Noah's possible peanut allergy. Well, the tests say he definitely has an allergy. They also had to draw more blood to send off to see how high his levels are in his blood. That way we will know how strong of an allergy it is, and if there is a possibility of him growing out of it. 20% off kids usually do. I felt so bad for him getting the little pin pricks in his back, and then even worse, getting the blood drawn. He just had that done last week, so it was pretty traumatizing. So... NO PEANUTS FOR THIS KID!! We also gave Noah his first real haircut. He did pretty good holding still, but I still find little strands we missed. He looks like such a big boy now!

Brynlee had a preschool field trip to the fire department. She loved every minute of it...except for when the firemen actually put on his gear. She wouldn't even go near him. It was a lot of fun, and we learned a lot.

2 comments:

Danny and Laura said...

I'm so sorry about the peanut allergy. My nephew has a deadly peanut allergy and it has been a lifestyle change for the whole family. They will always have to train all of his teachers how to use the epi pen(I'm not sure how you spell that). Hopefully Noah grows out of it.
I don't even recognize most of those preschool kids. Just Brynlee, Briel, Lewie, Noah, and Evander(only cause Sara is in the pictures).

Unknown said...

Peanut allergies UGHHH!! no fun, everything has peanuts in it!!! Keep your epi-pen close at hand! I hope for your sakes he grows out of it! I'm glad you found out in a not so traumatic way!! NOah is getting so big! HE looks so handsome with his new haircut! Take care