Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Oh The Places You Will Go!

To continue on with the month of July....


My mom came to visit us, and we had a lot of fun. We had lunch at one of the kids' favorites. McDonald's! Noah was taken by this life size statue of Ronald.


We went to the splash parks a couple of times, and I enjoyed having someone there to help me chase Noah around! He is a fast little guy, and wears me out quick!

My mom had this water bottle, and Noah would not leave it alone. He constantly was stealing it from her, and crying when he couldn't have it. What a little stinker.
Mom was so helpful and it was so fun to have her here. I just hope we didn't wear her out too much. She helped finish a lot of projects, and even got Noah's scrapbook almost caught up. Which was a big chore since I think I had only 2 pages done.
Steph, Weston, and Stockton Came into town on July 29. We took off on our Church history Road trip! It was so much fun! 900 miles, 4 states, all in 4 days!

We started off in Nauvoo. Jon drove 10 hours from Columbus to meet up with us for a couple days. We were grateful to be able to see him. The Temple is gorgeous.


Here was another little boy with a monkey backpack/leash. Nobody understands how hard it is to keep track of a 19 month old until you have one! I thought it was funny that we were doing the same thing (standing outside waiting for our families while they were getting a tour of the blacksmith shop).


Instant friends!


Waiting for the tour of the black smith's shop. Yes the one I missed, thanks to Noah. Good thing I have been there before.


Mom, Steph and Me


Grandma and us!


Noah loved this sheep! He kept trying to climb on!



At the Quarry where they got the limestone to build the temple. One of the sun stones.


Joseph Smith JR and Hyrum Smith Grave site

Lucy Mack Smith and Joseph Smith SR grave site.
We also went to the Nauvoo pageant while we were there. It was amazing. I love the spirit that you feel in Nauvoo!



Carthage Jail. What a special place. It is hallowed ground.




Adam-ondi-Ahmen


Far West Temple Site



Liberty Jail



Independence Visitors Center


See that space in the back seat between Stockton and Brynlee? That is where I rode for all 900 miles of the trip! Fun! It really wasn't too bad. I was just glad to be able to go.


Winter Quarters Visitor's Center--Aren't they the cutest pioneers you've ever seen? I have a feeling they wouldn't have made it far!


We also went to the Kanesville Tabernacle, but I didn't upload a picture from there.



The last night Mom was here we went to the National Balloon Classic. there were over 50 Hot Air balloons that took flight that night. It was really cool.



We went to an Iowa Cubs Baseball game with the Banta's. The kids had a lot of fun. I have no Idea what Brynlee is doing in this picture.

We did so many things, I'm sure I have left some out. But I am so thankful for the opportunity to see family, and to see the Church history sites. Some for the first time, and some for the 2nd or 3rd. But Every time, I feel the spirit and my testimony is strengthened. I know Joseph Smith was a true prophet! I am so thankful to him for all he did to restore the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints to the earth. I know that it is the only true church and by living the teachings of it, I can return to live with my father in Heaven again!

2 comments:

Brianna and Byron Putnam said...

you are one brave woman! i'm sure it wasn't easy to have your kids in the car for that long :) Loved reading about your trip though... it looks so fun, i've never visited church history sites!!

Marcy M Miller said...

How fun. I'm glad you didn't get car sick sitting in the back- I sure would have. What a fun trip, I hope some day to do that trip.