Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Little of This, A Little of That!

July was a crazy month! Jon Started his 2nd year off with two months straight of being on nights.  This has been a terrible schedule for us.  There are a couple good things about it.  1- We get to have dinner together before he goes in to work, which is really a rare thing around here. 2- I find that I study more at night when the kids are in bed and he is working.  I tried to think of some more good things but there weren't any.  He has 2 more weeks of nights.  We are in the home stretch and can't wait for it to be over.   

I just took my last International Economics quiz last night.  That means I will never have to take Economics again.  I had to take three Economics classes for my major and I hated every one of them.  I don't know why, but I just didn't enjoy it.  I have a couple weeks off now before starting into Fall classes. 

The kids are taking Swimming lessons at the YMCA and loving it.  They are learning a lot and by the end of it will probably be better swimmers than me.  I never really learned how, which is one reason that I want them to learn.  
      Trying out the new goggles

Hazel Just recently went in for her 15 month checkup and come to find out she had an ear infection.  She is getting 4 molars, so I had been blaming her grumpiness on that.  Poor girl is feeling much better now.  She is getting so big, and her stats show it.  She measured 32 1/4" (90%) and 23 lbs. 13 oz. (61%).  She is climbing everything and most days makes me want to pull my hair out.  But I love that little stinker so much.  She is starting to talk pretty good too.  One cute thing is that when Jon leaves for work, she has to go out into the garage and stand on top of the recycle bin and wave goodbye to him, and blow him kisses.  It has become a little ritual and it makes her and daddy both so much happier about him leaving for work.  

                            Like I said, She climbs everything, and right after this picture, that pot went onto the floor shattering in a hundred pieces. 

                                                                         "Cheese"

Here are some 4th of July pictures. We had a fun but HOT day! 

 He's not too happy about waiting for the parade to start. 

 Hazel looked so very cute! 


My big girl! 

 We had to wait until the weekend to do our sparklers and pop its because daddy had to work



This summer is almost over and I can't believe that my Brynlee girl will be going to school!  I have a lot of anxiety about it.  Mainly the bus ride. She is thrilled and can't wait.  I am going to try and enjoy the last few weeks of summer as much as I can. These kids are growing up way too fast!
  

No comments: