Friday, January 4, 2013

I'm an Indian, I make butter


Brynlee has just started a new section in her music class.  The name of the section is "Yellow Indians". They have a song that goes as follows,

"I'm and Indian, when I play my drum. I'm and Indian, watch out, here I come. Shoot the arrow, Pull the bow. Shoot the arrow pull the bow."

The kids started asking all kind of questions Like, who are Indians, can we be Indians, what are bows and arrows....
We explained that they should call them "Native Americans", talked about the movie Brave, where she has a bow and arrows. Anyways, you get the picture.

The kids made makeshift bows and arrows, and Noah was running around the house singing the song above, but I noticed he kept adding on an additional line.  "I'm an Indian, I make butter"  It took me a while, but I figured out what he was talking about.  Smart boy, Good memory.  Land O Lakes, your marketing ploy was successful on my 4 year old.  By the way, what does an Indian have to do with butter anyway?

Note: They have now changed that section to "Yellow Arrows"

1 comment:

Sara said...

That is really funny. Though really it's a little scary. If Noah, or any kid, picks up on something so subtle like that....oh man. What else is he noticing and storing in that brain of his? You're in for a lot of fun. But you've always known that with Noah. I'm gonna chuckle about this story now every time I shop for butter.